What is true love? 010 OTHA


Date: April 27, 2011

List of Episodes @ Index


One fine noon, Stalin messaged in Skype, "Team, Is the build ready? we need to deliver."

Saiyasodharan, "Redirecting the question to the delivery manager, Hosana. She is the only one capable of delivering. Hope you people understand what I mean :P"

Hosana typed "OTHA"

Saiyasodharan and all others were shocked at Hosana's reply. Tamil readers would understand why. But here goes explanation for others.

OTHA is a swear word of Chennai origin. It literally means "Fuck". Its used in various circumstances, but mainly to express extreme angriness (as like saying `bloooody`). But it is not the word that people use in public chat. More than Men, women's character will be criticised badly for using swear words.

Saiyasodharan says "Holy Cow!!! What is this? " and turns right to see how Raghul reacts.

Raghul reacts like he is seeing "a Dead Rat after 5 days with a ton of Dinosaur shit over it." His reactions simply couldn't be expressed in words.

"Holy Shit. How come she uses this word like this and scold him, that too infront of all", thought Saiyasodharan.

He was about to turn and ask her. When Stalin interrupted and shown Eye signs to keep calm. Everyone was keeping silence probably wondering within themselves, whether Hosana realise what she typed and what a shame on Sai.

Sai says,"I didn't expect this from you…."

Stalin whispers to Sai, "Keep Calm. We shouldn't conclude anything. She might have meant something different."

"Something different? What it might be? Is there anything behind OTHA other than 'go and fuck yourself'. No way." thought Sai.

Minutes pass with a big shame on Sai and everyone giggling silently to themselves. No words from Hosana.

"Forget my shame and shock. But I couldn't still rationalise how come Hosana said such a word. Probably she should have mis-taught by someone", thought  Saiyasodharan.

Raghul, "Hey peeps, OTHA is nothing but Old Town Hall Association"

"Damn you. You are adding fuel to the flame. You better keep silent rather than trying to help me with your stupid ideas" thought Saiyasodharan. But he couldn't speak out his thoughts.

Then for a minute, everyone posts something completely irrelevant trying to change the topic and calm down Sai.

It is when Rooban Ponraj contributes his part to the already embarrassing situation, "OTHA means Online Theatre Histories Archive. What does Otha mean? Otha origin. Popularity of name Otha."

Saiyasodharan to himself, "Damn you Rooban Ponraj. Everyone is trying to change the topic right? Why you bring in the same again. Did I asked you to do it?"

Stalin, "We want to deliver?"

Saiyasodharan "I already answered that questions and got badly flamed. So don't ask it again. It hurts me"

Stalin, "Sai, This time I am asking Rooban".

To get out of the embarrassing situation, Sai decided to break the ice and asks her straight, "Hosana, Of course I told few things to irritate you. You could have scolded me back with a decent word, but why such a intensive one?"

Hosana, "I don't understand why you all behaving so strange all of a sudden. Whats sooo wrong in me telling `Udai. I wont keep silent for all your atrocities".

Eveyone understood what she meant only after she pronounced it as `Udai` (which means Kick, as in I will kick you) rather than `OTHA`. The Corrupt minds picks the corrupt words !!!

Saiyasodharan "Oh. so you meant Udai and not O, T, H, A. right? Thats great. Thanks"

Hosana "Yes. But please explain whats going on in here. Is there any other hidden meaning behind this word?"

Sai, "No. Not at all.. "

Sai then loudly says, "Its clear now right? Lets get stop giggling and back to work"

For a while, Hosana keeps asking Sai, "I know you guys are hiding something from me. Please tell me if there is anything wrong behind what I said. I don't understand."

Sai ignores her question saying, "There is nothing Hosana. You do your work".

Hosana "ok fine. Not a problem, I will check with Jayanant Rajalingam. He will tell me".

Sai says, "NO NO... Please forget this. Don't ask anything to him nor anyone. Completely forget this. Only you will get scolded. Thats all I can tell"

Sai wishes to himself, she forgets this incident

Comments