APJ Abdul Kalam - India 2020 - Made me Dream Big

July 27, 2015

The Youth's Inspiration, The Missile Man of India, The People's President, Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam has passed away. Every news Channels broadcasting about him and the history of Indian Defence and Aero Space programs that he defined.

His Life incidents that I read in his book, `Wings of Fire` started bubbling in my mind. The Humble beginnings, his schoolings, his career start, his achievements and failures everything is a true Inspiration.

But I decided I am not gonna mourn for him or cry for him. He is not some regular Human being to mourn. He is a legend, who lived by the words of Mahakavi Bharathi.

தேடிச் சோறுநிதந் தின்று - பல
சின்னஞ் சிறுகதைகள் பேசி - மனம்
வாடித் துன்பமிக உழன்று - பிறர்
வாடப் பலசெயல்கள் செய்து - நரை
கூடிக் கிழப்பருவ மெய்தி - கொடுங்
கூற்றுக் கிரையெனப்பின் மாயும் - பல
வேடிக்கை மனிதரைப் போலே - நான்
வீழ்வே னென்று நினைத் தாயோ?

He is a seed. He set a Vision for the Nation. It is his intent that the youth of the Nation to take his missions and to realize the Vision for India 2020. So decided first to understand his Vision through the book India 2020. The book was actually in my Reading Queue for a long time. But gave it Priority 1 now.


India 2020

Truly an Inspiring book. Not just about Inspiration. It's an Action Plan for India 2020. It has loads of Project ideas for anyone in any Industry to take up and achieve. It's all about Science, Technology, Business, Entrepreneurship and all.

I used to think myself, that I am thinking reasonably BIG already. But reading the book, hit me in my head, making me realize how small my dreams are and what BIG DREAM really is. The book definitely helped me in that regard.

It's an awesome, Inspiring book, that any Indian should read.

Mobile App

As a Avid mobile user and developer, I was looking into Play Store the next day to find apps on Kalam. There were around 10 apps. But to my surprise, there was no single Tamil app for him!

So my next move became obvious. To fill the gap, to make a Tamil Android App for The Missile Man of India.

Thanks to the support from Meenakshi and Arun Prasad in gathering content, that we developed the app within a month time in the very little spare time that I got. And now Thanks to Rachel for spreading the app on `People's President` to the people, by promoting the app through Facebook.

The app can be downloaded at


Future

Out of curiosity, I was checking on Android Apps on our Freedom fighters. Unfortunately, there is no apps for many of our Freedom fighters.

There will be further updates to the Kalam app itself for sometime. After which, we will produce Mobile apps for all Freedom fighters and real Inspiring Political leaders.

Maybe, Kalam paved the way for my venture into Social Entrepreneurship :-) Let's see how the future Unfolds.


Comments